THE SLS AMG ELECTRIC DRIVE CAR
The engineering masterminds at AMG have undertaken a mission to build the most powerful electric drive car in the world. The result: 552 kW (751 hp) and 1000 nm torque–the most powerful AMG of all time and, correspondingly, the world’s fastest electrically-powered series production vehicle.
As a result, the gullwing model has become the world’s fastest electrically-powered series production vehicle: the SLS AMG Coupé Electric Drive accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds and can reach a top speed of 250 km/h (electronically limited).
CHASIS AND DYNAMICS
The pioneering drive package in the SLS AMG Coupé Electric Drive is impressive and guarantees a completely innovative and electrifying driving experience:
- Enormous thrust comes courtesy of four synchronous electric motors providing a combined maximum output of 552 kW and maximum torque of 1000 Nm.
- New front axle design struts
- Optimum wieght distribution and low center of gravity
- AMG light wieght performance chasis.
- AMG ceramic composite brakes for perfest decelerartion
- All wheel drive with AMG torque dynamics
- Exclusive high quality design
- AMG DRIVE UNIT comprises the electronic rotary switch for selecting the three transmission modes of “C” (Controlled Efficiency), “S” (Sport) and “S+” (Sport plus).
HIGH TECH COMPONENTS
Outstanding driving dynamics come courtesy of AMG Torque Dynamics as well as torque distribution to individual wheels, which is made possible by means of wheel-selective all-wheel drive. The high-voltage battery for the SLS AMG Coupé Electric Drive is the result of cooperation between Mercedes-AMG and Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains in Brixworth (GB). This is an area in which the British Formula 1 experts were able to contribute their extensive know-how with KERS hybrid concepts.
- Four compact permanent magnet syncronous electric motors
- Eight stage design for maximum safety
- High performance control as well as effectivr cooling components
- AMG experts have created a sound which captures the exceptional dynamism of this unique super sports car with electric drive.
- Advanced Formula 1 technology: High-Voltage Lithium ion batteries (864 cells)
- Quick charging via special wall box
RESULTANT OUTPUT DATA
|Max. output||552 kW (751 hp)|
|0 – 100 km/h||3.9 s|
|Range||250 km (according to
|Battery energy content||60 kWh|
|Battery voltage||400 volts|
Data courtesy from www.mercedes-amg.com